Preschool & VPK
2 - 5 Years Old
At Pine Island Montessori, we believe constant communication between parents and teachers can benefit the child in a multitude of ways. We use an app called Smartcare as a way for parents to keep track of their child’s daily progress. Smartcare allows teachers to send photos, videos, and daily reports of the children, and parents can message the teachers instantly with any questions or concerns. We believe in challenging your children while keeping it a fun and safe learning environment for them. Below is some information about our Preschool and VPK programs:
Preschool children enjoy spending time with other kids their own age and becoming involved with group activities. Structured educational programs introduce them to basic concepts in language arts, math, science and social studies. Our curriculum is filled with activities that include incorporating letters and numbers with arts and crafts and conducting science experiments. Activities are based around the theme of the week. We strive to make preschool learning both educational and fun.
Pine Island Montessori participates in the state funded Voluntary Pre-K Education Program (VPK). To apply, children must be Florida residents and four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year. Each child receives 540 hours of instruction, 8:30am to 11:45am, Monday through Friday, at no cost to you.
At this stage, we work towards making sure our children are on path to becoming efficient thinkers and problem-solvers. We encourage critical thinking through activities that include both oral and written learning and hands on activities. Pine Island Montessori follows a Creative and Montessori curriculum. Our goal is to get your child prepped and ready for Kindergarten!
How to enroll in VPK:
- Log onto ELCBroward.org and complete the VPK application. You must have one proof of residency: driver’s license, utility bill or pay stub AND one proof of child’s age: birth certificate or passport. You will need to separately scan and submit supporting documents in PDF format.
- Complete the Pine Island Montessori school forms.
- Present both the school forms and the VPK Certificate of Eligibility to the Pine Island Montessori front office, or email scanned copies to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills That Children Will Learn
Developmental goals for our school programs:
- Understanding basic concepts in language arts, math, science, and social studies.
- Increasing their attention span and developing their concentration.
- Developing their gross motor and social skills through indoor and outdoor exercises.
- Recognizing different social relationships and situations.
- Becoming efficient thinkers and problem-solvers.
- Developing and maintaining a positive self-concept and healthy self-esteem.
- Understanding responsibility and time management.
- Developing effective communication and teamwork skills.
what parents say
Testimonials About Pine Island Montessori
Everyone at this school is so friendly & caring. My toddler had an amazing first day and I couldn’t be happier! Ms. Shari gave me updates and made me feel really comfortable transitioning him into his new class.
PIM has been an amazing resource in educating my children. The level of care and attention to detail is exceptional and the learning environment is both welcoming and extremely effective. Every parent should know that they can rely on the professionalism and education their child will get by being a student at Pine Island Montessori.
My baby boy loves Pine island Montessori! His teachers are amazing and he is always excited to go to school. With tons of educational activities and an extreme level of care and compassion, his father and I know he is taken care of as if he was their own. I would highly recommended PIM to anyone!